Recent Posts

infinity

Toxic relationships

That time of the year has come again for a new Aristeia! release, and as always, my friend Rodro has dropped his new toys on my desk for a coat of paint. Not before we treated ourselves to some games with the new ziggurat scenarios (by the way, they are really cool. Try them if you haven't done it already!).



This time we only get two miniatures, Bachman and Hammerhead. Both the sculpts are pretty cool but I must say the rubble on Hammerhead is really annoying as it obscures a great deal of the miniature for painting. Rodro wanted to go with the official color scheme so I tried to stick to that as much as possible. Only two minor changes on Bachman: reducing the size of the skull painting to just the face, and removing the drawing from the shirt, as requested by Rodro.


While I was not particularly enamored of Hammerhead, mainly because of the head, I must say the sculpt was really fun to paint. Still, I would have probably chosen other color choices for his palette.




I also had a last minute call to join a tournament on saturday, so I tried to rush my Bixie and Prysm so I could bring them on my team. I might go back to retouch them in the future to make some corrections and add more detail but for now, they would do just fine and I have a ton of other painting projects piling up on me, so I can't afford to overspend my time on them just now.


I usually try to avoid studio color schemes so Bixie's pallete was chosen as a test for my Terracota Zuyongs. Prysm was intended to have green prysms (warpstone, yes-yes!) and black hair, but time was rushing on me and I simply loved how the Prysm I did for Rodro turned out. So I decided to just keep to studio colors for this one.




No comments