Recent Posts

infinity

Necron terror from the sands

 

If there is a game I ever kept away from, really afraid of the rabbit hole I could fit myself into, that is Warhammer 40k. Through my life I've owned some Space Marines and Tyranids but eventually I would sell them out because I was not into really playing the game (too much miniatures needed).

However the new necron miniatures from the new box really caught my eye and a fellow community friend wanted to sell his half of the Indomitus box for a pretty nice price. I was hesitant at first... I already have way too many miniature projects ongoing that never get to a satisfactory conclusion. So If I was going to do this I wanted to go for a very simple scheme that allowed me to bulk paint and have them ready in 3 or 4 painting sessions at much.


Luckily I found a really cool and interesting color scheme from Midwinter Minis on youtube, called the Sandstone Necrons, that was really easy to do and produced a visually appealing color scheme in very small amount of steps.


I went full in! I had to adapt many color choices to fit my personal paint pallete preferences, mine being closer to bone colors. I also had to made some slight tone changes to the bases to tell them appart from the actual miniatures, and tried to add some pigments and red tufts to add a bit more of color contrast.
Now the red and blue serve as focal points for the whole color scheme and make the minis really pop.



There are still a lot of Necrons to finish but this ones were my test subjects for the three sizes and really made me love this scheme.

The Necron Reanimator was the piece that sold me into the box and I really love how it turned out.It's a simple scheme but it looks so stunning on the display case!





No comments