Recent Posts

infinity

3d Cyber-mobsters


This week I bring you a glimpse of the future. Recently a fellow friend from our Infinity community in Barcelona got his hands on an Elegoo Mars resin printer. We were really interesting to see the quality that could be achieved with the machine so he got hands down and bought into the Unit 9 Patreon by the same guys that do the Human Interface boardgame.

He printed some mobsters for me to use on my Infinity RPG campaign (my party is heading for Tunguska in the near future), and I was really hyped to paint this and see the results.

The minis already looked awesome in grey resin, but once primed black a lot of detail I wasn't seeing started to pop up and made me realize the insane quality of this prints. Even the "joints" of the artifiicial skin were clearly visible and deep enough to use washes or edge highlight them.


The scale was also perfect to use in Infinity as HVTs. 


I went for very simple suit colors to make the chrome and metal areas of the miniature to pop more. Also focused mainly on asian skin tones. Not very tunguska, but the facial features of this guys clearly screamed Yakuza.



I decided that the boss would have a distinct suit to tell him appart, with colors inspired by the Yakuza series of games as well as Saints Row.



Overall I'm extremely impressed at how this turned out and really look forward to paint more of these in the future. With this level of quality, this miniatures put many actual miniature producers to shame, and I definitely see this kind of printers as a must buy for roleplayers who like to play with miniatures, as they can easily print on demand whatever miniatures they need for their campaigns.

No comments