Recent Posts

infinity

Rise of the Robot Legions


After a long hiatus I'm taking some time to update my paint-log again.
This time I bring to you some more sand-stone Necrons i'm currently planning to use in OnePageRules' Grimdark Future. 

I recently discovered this game that is some sort of Warhammer 40k lite, and I'm having a blast with it. So much fun in fact that it has saved my Necrons, which were due to being sold for a lack of use. This game uses way less miniatures so it allowed me to play with the necrons I already had.


When I won a recent OPR tournament I used the bonus cash from the prize to get me some Canoptek Wraiths, and afterwards I managed to grab a small pack of extra troops second hand.


The Canoptek Spider has always been one of my favourite Necron models and it was part of this pack, so I was very hyped to paint it to match my own sand-stone necrons. 


The pack also included a Hexmark Destroyer that I could also use in OPR as a Tri-Scorpion Pistoleer and has always look like an incredible model to me. I must say I was surprised my it's size as I thought it would be comparable to the bigger Destroyers and seeing it being the size of a standard necron hero was a bit disappointing. 



Last was Illuminor Szeras: my army was lacking a big impressive commander to look great on the display case, and Szeras was the model I was looking for. In his case, he was way bigger than I was expecting, towering over most of the other necron troops. He is the only one wearing golds aside from the standard stone and blue energy blades, and the blood-draining spell sets him appart from the army. 




Overall I can say I'm pretty sattisfied with how the army turned up in the end as it looks cohesive and very impressive on the display yet didn't require an excessive amount of work. If I ever add something ls to the army it would probably be a Void Dragon Shard as it has always been one of the coolest Necron models for me or a Lychguard unit, as those shields would really add some personality to the infantry of the army.





No comments