Recent Posts

infinity

Cyberpunk ninjas and dire bikers


I got recently invested in the Japanese Sectorial Army in Infinity. I got my hands on a set of Karakuris some time ago in a tournament and I already had some japanese miniatures lying around from some other infinity projects like Defiance and Outrage, so when we got a pretty good discount on our local store for the core box I decided to take the plunge.

Not much time later, the Interplanetario allowed me to get my missing japanese troopers for a pretty hefty discount from the Corvus belly factory itself. 

Shinobu Kitsune from defiance was my test model. My idea was to go for a very militaristic color scheme, with usaturated green armour and magenta details. The bland armour will provide great contrast with the amount of source lightning from the many neons on the swords and enviroment.

A friend from the Barcelona group convinced me to use neon reflections on the asphalt bases to get the cyberpunk city feel and this ended up bleeding into the miniatures integrating them into the enviroment.



I only painted one of the Karakuris as I'm not really sure if I will play all of them, their price makes them an expensive proposition for a list, but I still love this kawaii murder robots.


The following miniature is probably one of the oldest japanese in my collection. This is a conversion I made to depict Saito Togan and use him as mercenary. The main body is that of Shunya Nakadai, from Outrage. The head and the sword sheath arm comes from a shikami and the red scarf was sculpted on green stuff. The Idea around this mini is that he was doing a iaido cut while unsheathing his katana.



The Kuroshi Rider was inspired by the most recent appearance of Juri Han in Street Fighter 6, where she rides a black bike and wears a black-purple biker suit with a neon pink helmet. The bike was tilted a bit so the scythe was flying at the proper height to decapitat someone.




The Aragotos were a tough buy for me. I didn't like that they were not facing toward the front of the bike, so their poses looked awkward to play with. With the spitfire I tried to tilt the weapon forward as much as I could but still couldn't manage to get to a satisfying result. In the end I opted to convert the bike for it to look like it was on a jumping maneuver, and suddenly the pose started to make all sense in the world. I looked reference online of japanese bike decals. Of course Akira had most of the results so I tried to capture that japanese biker culture on the bikes.

These have become my favourite models on the army in the end, and I always look for an excuse to field as much bikes as possible on my lists due to them.







The next miniature was the result of CBs questionable selling practices. They sold a ninja reinforcement box for JSA that had an exact copy of the same Oniwaban on the JSA Army pack. So I ended with two identical miniatures for the same model.

I decided to play on the anime tropes and make the miniature look like he was performing some kind of shadow clone jutsu, inspiring myself on Megaman's dash, I made the miniature look like it was shifting between two places.






No comments