Recent Posts

infinity

O-12: From α to Ω


With easter coming to a close, tomorrow we're going back to work. From home, of course as we're still quarantined, so I used my last holydays to finish my remaining O-12 miniatures. 



The Alpha is still missing his base. I don't have 55mm bases with the texture I'm using on the rest of my O-12 and for some reason I'm suspecting this guy might not be an S4 when N4 hits. So for the time being he will stay on standard bases. The guy was particularly difficult but in the end I think it turned out pretty well. I'm not as enamored of the bot though. I think the metal areas aren't popping appart from the white areas and I'm not sure how to solve it as adding white reflections makes the color mix with the surrounding white.



I don't really like the Betatrooper as a profile - I hope it improves in the sectorials - but the miniature is lovely. For this one I wanted to keep more black areas in the miniature to give him a tactical look.

Halfway through painting I saw many troops had very big plates that made great canvas for some freehanding, so started adding the letter markings to all troops.


That's one sexy robot ass.




The Epsilon added the golden yellow as an extra color. I thought it made him look more like an officer. As such I had to reduce the amount of red to just the lights on the back and the big Epsilon on the shoulder. This made the reds pop a lot more and catch the attention of the viewer.  

A friend of mine happened to notice there is a striking resemblance of the epsilon with one on a certain brand of whisky. I deny nothing (XD)



(Edit: Some good fellows at the infinity group made me realize this is not the Epsilon but the Gamma. Fear not as the armor was properly repainted with it's proper Gamma letter)



Last but not least, I figured that if Corvus Belli could do some Space Wolves I might as well pull some Ultramarines. So my Omega came from ultramar to bring down the pain on heretics and xenos alike. For the Öberhaus! 





No comments