Recent Posts

infinity

Village Attacks!




As one of my side projects for quarantine I set my sights on painting some of my boardgames on my collection. Village Attacks and Adrenaline were my first projects in mind as they have some pretty cool minis and I play them fairly often. 

For Village Attacks I wanted to just paint the monsters. No villagers, no heroes, just make sure the player's monsters poped on the board when playing. I decided to keep it simple and use the color scheme that came on the "hero" cards for most of the monsters of the game - keep it dark, keep it gritty and don't go overboard. Just good enough to play.

Lich, Vampire and Dullahan

The miniatures were really fun and challenging to paint as they used a lot of blue and purple hues, I had to use contrasting tones to add some depth to the minis when they were mostly dark tones.

Ghoul, Succubus and Banshee

The banshee was particularly interesting as it was all in green tones so it was hard to set the colors appart, but the small details in red make the figure really scary.

Mummy, Djinn and Ifreet

The trio from the Horrors of the Sand expansion were the most fun as all of them had fire in them it was a great practice for source lighting.

Group shot!

No comments