Recent Posts

infinity

Soldiers of Qin Shi Huang


Today it's been exactly 3 weeks from the start of the COVID 19 confinement. Work continues on making all armies shine with all new paintjobs while we wait for the epidemics to end.

With the coming of White Banner, this week I've been working on some Yujing troops to remove some backlog. First are the Terracota Zuyong soldiers. I love this models. The Invincible army armor designs were the ones that brought me to Yujing. 

Zuyong terracota
My squad has some conversions. My vision for the terracotas is that they all have to look the same. It's in the nature of their origin, and the terracota girls, while beautiful models didn't fit the aesthetic I wanted to give to the unit. I bought some spare terracotas from a friend abandoning Yujing and manage to trade the missile launcher for some extra Hellcats I had at home.

Basically some terracotas traded legs and torsos and the arms were reposed. One of them had the gun cut short to make it look like a shotgun.


They were all obviously painted in the Terracota scheme I'm using for Yujing. You could say they were the reason for my colour scheme choosing and I'm glad this turned full circle and they look great sporting it.



For the coming of White Banner I decided to test some color palletes on some miniatures I had lying around. When I got the Hsien I noticed that with his longcoat and fins he would make an excelent Svalarheima themed Shangji, so he was repurposed for this role.

I tried to decide on a secondary color for my White Banner troops. Obviously it had to be a tone of white but I wasn't sure how that would fit with my terracota+green scheme. I decided to go for a stone grey tone, muddier and not as close to white. I'm still not 100% decided though. It looks somewhat Haqqislam.

Hsien and  Tiger soldier
The Tiger was pretty fun to paint, as I wanted to make him look like an actual tiger, making him pop from the rest of the troops. The result was pretty nice but I had some troubles fitting the general colors of the army, so I had to add some terracota and stone plates on the backpack to make sure he fit the overall theme.




Group shot!



No comments