Recent Posts

infinity

Robots are a girl's best friend


Lately I've been neglecting my nomads too much for my liking. For some reason I kinda feel all my other armies look better or cooler, but still there's no place in my heart for any other than the bromads. So this week I decided to strip paint some models and paint some of the nomad backlog to bring them up to par with the other troops.

Today's job was mostly small remotes of all kinds and flavors. 


The main reason for this was to paint the new Pi-well model at last. He's like the cutest thing ever... I couldn't help to paint some anime blushing marks on him.

Oneechan, everything will be daijoubu!
My model came with a pretty bad mould line across it's face, that was going to be impossible to remove without leaving marks on the roundness of the faceplate. I was pretty sure that it was going to be visible if I painted the whole face solid white so instead I opted to use the line as part of the design, crossing Pi-well with an orange strip. This would also be a callback to my older model that happened to have similar orange stripes on several armor plates. However the older one looked more like a little murder machine to be honest.



Next on the list were my PIGs (Perimetral Interception Gear). I've never been fond of the koalas so some time back I've converted mine into piggies. The original color palette of those were inspired on a Sonic 1 badnik, and while I still love the original color palette, it does not fit my bromads.

I still had a second pair of converted piggies pending to paint so this time I went with corregidor colors to be fielded with my Moran Masai.


Also finished my remainding fast-pandas. I saw some interesting versions online that had red crosses or wifi signs on their bellies, so I tuned my old panda to show one to. The interventor panda was left alone, as my idea was that the symbol is only displayed when they are primed in position.


Earlier this week I was also working on the Tunguska heroines. Mary and Jelena. I really like how Jelena turned out. The idea to make her guns in muted golden tones makes her metal arms pop more.
Mary was true to her name, a problem from start to finish. I don't know what CB was thinking with this design but it certainly doesn't belong in Tunguska.
I decided to go for very colorful gum pink color to set her appart from the remaining tunguska troops. Still she looks more like an angsty child than a trooper. It reminds me of Borderland's 3's Ava.



No comments