Recent Posts

infinity

Unwanted Visitors

  
There is a general rule of thumb for me when it comes to miniature painting. The less interested I am in the miniature, the higher the chance I ace it during the paint process and end up loving it. The opposite is also true. It's rare that a miniature I'm really pumped about ends up looking as good as I expected.

My shasvastii seem to prove that for every single case. This Mentor guy wasn't even on my paint list, I did it more for a completion thing. When I got to it and finished I could say he was probably one of my favourite shasvastii. 

I decided to paint him with purple robes and gold trims on top of the standard green/emerald shasvastii armor. In the end it turned out great and gave him a very regal appearance. It looks great sitting next to the Pneumarch as if he was part of a "high council" of the combined army. 




The gwailo turned out ok. I really like how the metal and the holoscreen turned out on this one. I had tons of problems with the helmet due to some metal flash that distorted a bit the wavy look on it so I had to tone it down trying to not make the surface so apparent.


It's a pity it doesn't pop out as much as I would like, but still, this is an army playing on forest camouflage colors so I guess not popping out should be the point of it all.


Sheskiin is another prime example that I can't manage to do justice to my hyped miniatures. This ended up looking ok, but it just doesn't scream "named character". She doesn't look bad but she just looks bland and I'm pretty sure it's due to the color pallette. I'll probably have to think it over and come back to her when I get a good idea.



The Malignos was kind of a proof of concept for that. I went with a more saturated red coat. but still, it seems the problem keeps being the same. Lacks visual impact. Maybe doing the visor in orange will give that highly saturated point of view to the miniature, but again this is supposed to be an army that shouldn't be trying to catch any attention.



As a bonus I have some shasvastii that I painted back on 2019 but never got myself to upload to this log. The first is the new Speculo Killer.

This model was so hated... I bought this for prize support for a tournament I organized and, as a player dropped, she fell from the prize pool. She sat on my drawer for months as I tried to resell her but no one seemed to be interested in her, so, in the end, I decided to give her a chance.

I had to sculpt a bit her mouth opening to fit properly. I don't know why, but for some reason she ended up being way better than I expected.




In the end she turned to be my favourite shasvastii model. She looks terrifying!


Also while painting my shasvastii I had to patch my poor sphinx that happened to have a cellphone fall on her. She broke at the legs and the paint cracked at several points, so I had to add her to the painting queue too for some repair and love.



No comments