Recent Posts

infinity

The White War


Preparing for the most anticipated release for my WinterFor, the Karhu, I decided to paint my Vargar that were still pending. They are one of my favourite units from panoceania design wise. It's just a bit sad that they are a tad overcosted, and to beat the last nail into their coffin, they no longer can form a 5 man team since the Fireteam updates. I kinda have a soft spot for them so I will try playing them on more friendly casual games. 



Lately I've been changing the approach of my WinterFor lists into less Jotums and more midfield presence so I had to get me some Nokken to support my lone Locust. As I had some spare prize tickets from a previous tournament I also decided to get the old Neoterra locust to add it to the mix. While their color scheme is similar I decided to add some gold accents to the Nokken to help tell them appart.  






On the Yujing side my pending minis were the TianGou and the Blue Wolf, I decided to forego the mainly terracota scheme of my yujing and instead went for a neoprene look on their void suit. The bright helmets and the terracota pieces of armor gave enough color and enough army personality to fit right in with the rest of my whitebanner troopers so I ended feeling really sattisfied about the result. 



For the Blue Wolf I decided to convert him a bit as I was not too fond of the original pose. I raised the weapon arm, extended the flamethrower feeder, repositioning the fuel deposit on the back and raised the claw arm into a more extended pose. I also had to move the pilot arms to the new positions

On the details side I tried to freehand the kanji for flammable on the fuel tank but the kanji turned out to be far more complex that I was expecting, and the result didn't turn out amazing. 


The camo ended up pretty nicely though. It's not as white as other camo for my winter armies but I guess I had to put the Blue from Blue Wolf somewhere on the mini. Still it creates a nice contrast with the terracota brown. 




No comments