Recent Posts

infinity

Fanatics and wardogs


Been working on several mercenaries later to move out from traditional color schemes. I'm getting a bit tired of army wide colors and mercs offer an opportunity to have fun experimenting with new colors, patterns and styles.

Recently I got my hands on the limited edition trap-monke called Fiddler. It's a fun character that I had some success running along with Tags. I wanted to try painting green on her as is the color I don't use in any of my armies, so I wanted to get a feel for how it will turn out.


I also recently discovered an easy way to paint yellow, my archnemesis. So now I'm kind of exploring all the cool things I can do with it.


This are Miranda Ashcroft and a Bounty Hunter, they got a ton of use last season due to ITS rules giving free bounty hunters and I was experimenting on several variations of links in tunguska. Miranda was inspired by a cyberopunk ilustration of a pink clad bounty hunter. I don't think it translated too well to the minitature though. While the colors are ok it does not give the same feel. Maybe it's the lack of shiny on the jacket and the boots. 


The yellow solo bounty hunter is probably one of my favourite miniatures painted this year. He was painted to be the leader of my Five Parsecs from Home. His name is Brison and is a tough as nails mercenary. The miniature really did it justics and I love the effect I managed to get on the armor. This was achieved with the use of Speed Paints, another technique that I'm investing in learning lately.


Next is Casanova, originally I wanted to base his color scheme on Rhys, from the borderlands franchise, as their similarities were very on the nose, however in the end I decided to go for a cleaner look. I'm still not sure about the base though. I think the space station base from my O-12 doesn't really fit the character aesthetic, so I might change it to something cleaner, maybe a night club base or something similar.


When I got the new Blackwind box, I still had the original 3 daylami from the Hassassin starter on my pile of shame, so I decided to also put them on my to-do list. The blackwind daylami girl was the only I painted from the new batch as I intend to use her as Layla Sharif (I lost my Layla some time ago). For that reason her color scheme is different from the other daylami, with black suit and bionic arms, she feels more like a special character now.





No comments