Recent Posts

infinity

The bigger bomb

 

Qapu Khalki has always been my main haqqislam sectorial as Djanbazan are one of the main reasons that drove me to play the sword of allah. I've own almost all YuanYuan released to date but despite playing them a lot they were always one of my pending painting projects.

So this month after winning a local tournament running the nasty Haqq pirates, I've decided to paint them as they deserve. My main color choice for them was black and orange armor, to be the cohesive color that fits them together, while all other colors were supposed to be mixed and matched to give them that mercenary feel of lack of uniformity.

The results were pretty sattisfying.


This one YuanYuan is from the Defiance dungeon crawler boardgame. Crimson shirt and menacing evyebrows are the man's main signature traits.


Then we got limited edition noodle eating YuanYuan, wearing camo shirt and haqqislamite jetpack.


The good ol' limited edition YuanYuan from red veil. This looks the most imposing and it could totally fit as the gang's boss. 


And then we have the landing Fat YuanYuan with the beer canister and the chain rifle. One of my favourite jump troop miniatures in the game. 


I also took some time to paint some Defiance models like Valerya Gromoz. I've started using her lately in Corregidor, so decided to put her in a nomad base. Still, I went for yellow and green druze colors as that's a color scheme I have never done before. 


I think the pink bag and the ponytails give her a juvenile look and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.


We end with both versions of Cassandra Kusanagi, Bakunin's heroine, on her Defiance sculpt and her Infinity version. I still haven't managed to play her as much as I'd want but I'm pretty sure she's going to be my main in the next Defiance campaign I start.




No comments