Recent Posts

infinity

Freeze! Trojan Police!


Lately I've been toying with playing Starmada. I had the original starmada box sitting in my desk unpainted for almost a year, and the more I looked at the profiles in the army app the less I understood what to do with it.

Recently though, the Raptor killer hacker profile picked my interest and I decided to have a go at list building around that profile. That made me feel like painting some of the other troopers that filled those lists.

One of the first ones was the Lawkeeper. I'm not a particular fan of Judge Dredd but I had just bought a new line of metallic paints from AK that I wanted to try. The Cobalt paint makes some very interesting metallic blue, so I had to use it on my bike. 

Lawkeeper with Sidebot

While messing around in my bits box I found several old Kum raiders and I decided to give them a new purpose as a Sidebot for the lawkeeper, as the current one does not have a model yet.


One of the main draws for me picking this army was the chance to try Hector, preferrably linked. As the Nyokas are his less expensive link option when armed with rocket launchers, I had to convert one of them to a second rocket launcher to make a viable haris. The parachutist was painted just because I painted them together as a batch, but I'm not really certain I'm gonna give it much use either.


Nyoka


Hector was a really fun piece to paint, he sports all the army's colors and yet it doesn't feel out of place. I was really worried that painting the xyphos green like Hyppolyta's would make it a bit too much color variation, but in the end, it ended up being a very nice focal point for the miniature.

Hector, Homerid Champion





The Lambda was a needed addition to the force, as many O-12 troops have shock immunity. Carrying a Lambda around saved my ass in my first games with Starmada so I'm pretty sure it's going to become a staple of the army.

Lambda Support Unit with Yudbots


Last, my grammar nazi, a.k.a Bluecoat. I went for a more sinister look, totally pulling the SS agent inspiration from Hellboy's Kronen. I'm still not sure about the whit pauldrons though. Might repaint them gold later, as they kinda break the dark look.

Bluecoat





No comments