Recent Posts

infinity

Warcrimes on Geonosis

Recently I got caught in the Shatterpoint mass hysteria that's going on in my city. Everybody and their dog got the core box and a pretty reasonable community has formed around the game. I must say the sculpts are lovely and really enjoyable to paint, and they are quite fast too, as they have official colors you don't have to worry on color choices as there are a lot of resources online to check on the colors of the characters.

As I play the CIS in Legion I decided that I wanted to make a GAR strike team for Shatterpoint. With the announcement of Luminara Unduli's box I thought it would be great If my team was composed of the strike team that took out the Geonosian arms factory in the second siege of Geonosis. That is General Skywalker, Padawan Tano, Master Luminara Unduli and Padawan Barris Ofee.

Padawan Tano was the release exclusive gift, and I was lucky to get my hands on the last Luminara box in my store (this thing is selling out like crazy!). So my team was starting to look pretty solid. One of the coolest things about StarWars is people having weird skin colors that make you think about new ways to go around painting skin. 

Also the lightsabers are great to practice object source lightning (OSL), it's so fun to play with those intense tones in the otherwise dark and desaturated tones of the Jedi. They also make the otherwise metal bases pop a lot when you add a pinch of color amidst the grey.

I also had to paint some clones. I really like how the white tones turned out and I'm pretty sattisfied with the 501st clones, however I'm unsure If I should do some markings on the commandos to make them stand out more as they now look a bit bland. Maybe I will look into the design markings of the N64 Republic Commando game for some inspiration.

Overall this is how the teams look right now.



I also painted Lord Maul. I had converted him into a pose where his lightsaber was lower in a more relaxed stance. This was actually the first miniature I painted for the game and It made me feel great after finishing it. With miniatures so big, the game let's you bring up tons of details and makes miniatures shine a lot in the shelf once painted.




No comments