Recent Posts

infinity

To rule the waves and lead the Kriegsmarine

 

Warning: This post contains graphical representation of historical WWII iconography. This is only represented here for historical accuracy purposes only and does not represent the political stances of the author. If you feel you might be offended by this, please, view at your own discretion.


So, after this little disclaimer let's move forward on my brand new project. I've always been a fan of Naval Warfare games, despite not having much time to play them due to the lack of interest from my peers.

Still, the new Victory at Sea by Warlord games has gathered a good amount of enthusiasm in some of my local stores so it might just be the time to get some naval combat going. As I already own a Japanese and American fleet, I decided to pick a german Kriegsmarine and a Royal Navy fleet for VaS.

I decided to start painting the KMS fleet first as I was dying to get my hands on the Bismarck. So here are the results of my first painting week.

First, the destroyers, our Z-23 (AKA Nimi) paired with her sisters Z-24 and Z-25.

Next, for some cruisers, I've painted Königsberg and Köln. Decided to go with two very different color schemes I found online to help tell them appart, and I must say I love how they turned out. This miniatures have soooo much detail compared to my previous scale ships!

You can clearly see the torpedo tubes, the cranes and boats... it really gives the miniatures a lot more personality.


Finally the beast!, Bismarck itself. Mas really fun to paint. Had some trouble with the naval camouflage lines but still the end result is very sattisfying. He is really imposing on the board and will sure make your enemies tremble with fear!



I also painted the Junker's Stuka squadrons that came with the fleet. Tried different Jasta colors on them so they could easily be differentiated on the board. 


Here are some more scenic pictures on the water mat.











No comments