Recent Posts

infinity

From a shallow tech-grave

This week I finished my Indomitus Necrons at last. The Sandstone color scheme really proved to be very simple and visually stunning for a mass painted army.  

After the first miniatures were painted I was pointed at the lack of depth on certain areas and details so I ended up experimenting with several different washes I hadn't had the chance to test yet. Also added a lot of red grass tufts to add some distinct color into the overall color scheme.


Many necrons have the grass also growing from them, making them look as If they just raised from the ground itself.


For the bases I used vallejo flesh wash, that has a reddish tone, just enough to set them appart from the main body of the necrons that is closer to yellowish. Also, makes the red tufts look more natural on the reddish biome.




Warriors are probably the less detailed of the bunch, as I tried to keep them as simple as I could. Still the red and blue contrast helps them looks great on the field.



Just for completion purposes I'll put some extra pics of the miniatures that were painted in the first batch. 





These are some shots of the deployed army.





No comments