Recent Posts

infinity

Eternal empire


So, I was never a Yu-jing fan. If you've been following this blog for a while you know I'm not fan of the swords into a gun-fight idea. Still, when they decided to remove the japanese from Yujing, things turned a lot for the better in my opinion. Yujing now looks like a very military based faction, highly armored, with some vanilla profiles that fit their idea of the "every man can be a hero" idea but plenty of good looking tech.

Slowly I've been collecting Yujing models from tournament prizes and gotten some oldies from trades. Last week I had to teach a new player so I decided to play with my randomly assorted Yujing models. I needed a pointman, so the Mowang was the man for the task. I had to buy the model as I didn't own it, so that makes him my first bought Yujing model.

Mowang
I couldn't decide on the loadout, and both pistol arms looked ridiculous on an armor this size, so I just went gung-ho and tossed both heavy weapons on him. And I just love how it looks.

I used the terracota color pallette I originally did for my Daofei test model. Using it on a bigger model makes it pop even more and I'm liking how this turned out. 


I decided to go with simple bases - with some mud, and some grey sand. Was going for a tundra feeling so I tried to use some badlands grass instead of the bright classic wargaming grass. I think it gave a more realistic look to the piece and mixes well with the reddish green tone of the color scheme.  


Next was a model I've owned for a while, and even if it's not as cool as his newer iteration I still find it sad that it was discontinued - The old Su-jian. Before Zondnautica made robot transforming remotes a thing, there was the Su-jian. I love this model and when someone was trading it away I had to grab me one even if I only just end up using it for my infinity RPG campaign (stats for the Su-jian are on the new Yu-jing sourcebook!).


 Also trying to hand drawing kanji on this was a mix of fun and infuriating. The front legs have Yujing simbol and 25 in kanji as the remote unit code. The back legs have the kanji for Su-jian that appear on the unit logo (I hope the logo actually reads Su-jian, didn't even care to double check). 




Last were the Daoying. I love this models however I don't think my color scheme suits them. I wanted to go with blue and gold details to reference them as a police force yet for some reason I feel they still don't come together as well as some other color schemes I've seen online, so I might come back to retouch them in the future.




Bonus: This are some new shots of my DaoFei after basing. As I'm pretty sure if I play any Yujing sectorial it will be Invincible, this will be used as a Hulang Shocktrooper (I'm sorry CB but the main reason I play Infinity is because I'm sick of having skulls in every frigging sci-fi model).



No comments