Recent Posts

infinity

Lone operators

This last weeks have been a bit busy at work so I've mainly invested my time in finishing ongoing projects. I Did some more Spiral Corps guys, finished my Yu-jing color scheme test model and put some paint on Zoe at last.



The Kriigel was painted a while back. It was actually done before my Tagmaa and Kiel Saan but I forgot to paint his base and ended spending a long time on my painting table. It was him who defined the deep blue coat for my Spiral overall and the first model painted with the fluor yellow armor.

Kriigel and Kiuutan

The Kiuutan was painted next, as I was having tons of fun with him whenever I fielded it. I had to dim the fluor yellow on him a bit so it wouldn't take away from the armor colors. Overall I'm pretty satisfied of them both.


Next is my first ever painted Yu-jing miniature, the Beyond Red Veil Dao-Fei. I just love this miniature and bought it just for collection. In the end he was the door that paved the way for several other Invincible army models dropping on my desk. This model armor was made to look like terracota and I really liked the result, so much in fact that I actually had to change several other areas of the armor as they were conflicting with the color. 

Dao-fei
I really liked the end result and as it remind me of a locust or a crab I decided it would be the best color combination to paint my Caskuda. Ironically the Caskuda ended up being finished months before this guy.

Originally, the servos and inner workings of the armor were jade green but it was just too much color so only a small detail on the back remains, while all other servos were repainted in metal grey..


The base is still a placeholder. I'm still not sure about the theme I want to give to my Yujing army so for the moment is a miss-match of grey and corrosion.


Last but not least is Zoe the Clockmaker. It was a very fun mini to paint and a new go at trying chrome effects for a cyberpunk look. The surfaces were smaller though so it's harder to appreciate the color transitions.
Zoe the Clockmaker

I had some hard time deciding colors for the hair and the backpack. The two colored hair was for sure but I was tempted to give her the Altered Carbon pink backpack. In the end I decided against as it would distract too much from other parts of the mini.


I really like how this mini turned out and it's a pity I wont be using it as much as I would want. (It's a pretty expensive combo to bring her with Pi-well)




Have some extra group shots.



No comments