Recent Posts

infinity

Perturabo's tiny legion


Epic 40k was a frustrated passion of my youth. When the game was booming I didn't have the money nor the place to play it so I had been ogling Legions Imperialis since it first was announced. The Horus Heresy was a completely unknown period of Warhammer history for me, but several hours of podcasts later I was full on invested in the stories of the primarchs, and the universe most disfunctional family.

When some of my fellow infinity players decided to jump in into the game I decided to follow suit, getting me some 8mm tiny soldiers for myself.


After some thinking I decided petulant man-child Perturabo (aka Peter Turbo) was the primarch that resonated the most with me. There was a problem though: I really really hate painting metals in my minis. Not because it's hard but just because it feels unnatural to use metallic on otherwise cartoon looking paintjobs.

Anyways, after much internet searching and seing several Iron Warriors reference I ended up swallowing my objections and began painting... and I just loved it. Every bit of it. The metals, the tiny details, the insane danger stripes. It was so fun, you could paint entire batallions in an evening and have the satisfaction of saying "man, I just painted 6 predator tanks today".


I decided to paint the bases orange to contrast with the metals, but on a second go I decided to add some sand and pigments to adda a bit of ruined aspect to the bases. I will probably come back in the future to add some to the bases that don't have it yet. I think it adds a nice bit of texture to the otherwise clean city look.











I also did some test paints for my Solar Auxilia, that will be acting as the Iron Warriors auxiliar legion known as the Selucid Thorakites. I couldn't find their color scheme online so I decided to go for a classic guard scheme with mostly green and brown colours.







 

No comments