Recent Posts

infinity

You've been found... wanting.

My work on my legions imperialis armies continues and though I've been sprinkling some Infinity and Warhammer miniatures here and there, most of my painting these last months have been devoted to the 8mm goodness of Legions.

Starting with my Questoris Knights, I have yet to use them on the battlefield but I looooooove this models. It's strange because I'm not usually a fan of Mars pattern designs for titans as I much prefer the older boxy Lucius patterns, but for some reason the round forms in this titans look very appealing.

I didn't want to use bright heraldry colors on them so I opted for a scheme I found online for a rogue Imperial Knight that also had danger stripes, so it was an excel·lent fit for my Iron Warriors.


I was also pretty lucky securing lots of aerial support from lucky finds of Aeronautica Imperialis. For a while I was the only one on my playgroup that was playing around with a Thunderhawk and Fire Raptors and I made sure they were on every list I made. With the recent relaunch of the air boxes for Imperialis I managed to grab at last the Xiphons to protect my Fire Raptors from enemy aircraft.







This was my first titan, and while I was not particularly enamored with the traitor titan legions color schemes, in the end I decided to go with Legio Krytos, that sported some linear patterns that fit well with my Iron Warriors danger markings. I also added some spare marines on the base to give a greater impression of scale to the warhound.





I also found online some STLs to add more flavour to my armies. One of my musts for the army was to have a tiny Perturabo, and at last I managed to get my hands on this little petulant man-child. It was really really fun to paint and it adds a lot of character to the army.

Here he leads a section of Iron Siege Terminators with some warsmiths that will serve as a separate terminator squad to those on the game box.


I also painted the first of my Baneblades for my Solar Auxilia, inspired by the old color schemes from the Epic 40k Final Liberation videogame that I spent so many hours playing in highschool. 


For my fast attack I decided to lean into Emperor's Children, as I thought the fast combat tactics were more suited to them than to my siege oriented Iron Warriors. All the Sky Phallanx box was painted in metallic purple and gold to be used as Fulgrim's unruly children.



Emperor's Children being slaanesh high-seeking junkies, I imagined they would go into battle performing all sorts of crazy stunts on their bikes, so I added several of them pulling some serious moves.





Last was a proof of concept for an Alpha Legion rhino I did a while ago and still love. Whenever I want a detachment to be Alpha Legion I just need to add this guy into the mix as a dedicated transport and suddenly I can use all my Iron Warriors as Alpha Legion troopers. 

Sneaky, but efficient. Just as the hydra commands.




No comments