Recent Posts

infinity

Sunglasses are mandatory



O-12 keeps coming along. This week I played my second tournament with them and while the end result wasn't as good as I expected, they were a ton of fun to play. I decided to bring my list fully painted for our next games, so this week was dedicated to Varangian guards and Cuervo Goldstein.

Valkyrie and her ginger sister
Since I saw Valkyrie at the interplanetario and saw her upcoming sculpt at the soldiers of fortune box  I was sure they were going to be my Varangian guard. Varangians are supposed to be caledonians but I soundly refuse to bring kilts in a high tech faction. 

Valkyrie on the other hand, with the shield and the hatchet gives that extra close combat feeling on the sculpt, while keeping the high-tech style that fits O-12. I'm really glad that they turned out well as they are expected to see a lot of table time.  


I wanted to give them a bit more of color so I went for red leather on the belts and straps as opposed for my usual O-12 grey.



Cuervo started with a slight repose. I cut him away from the tactical debris on the base and reposed his right leg to a less awkward jump pose. I had to add some greenstuff to fill the gaps but once printed there were no holes on it, so it was a pretty straightforward conversion. 



And this is how he turned out once painted. I kept the color scheme from the Delta, with the small gold details and added the red leather that had worked well with the Varangians. 


I had a swingy experience with Cuervo so far. On my first game with him, he managed to win me the game by cutting away an enemy Mowang in a single swing. On the other end, he got punched on the face by an Avatar on CC while having extra burst. Still, he is a fearsome fighter, and can do a ton of classified objectives, so definitely keeping him on my lists.





No comments