Recent Posts

infinity

Something smells fishy...

Helots

It took almost forever but helots are finally here! I was hypeing over these miniatures as soon as I saw the concept. I think it's really interesting when CB brings new aliens to the table as indirectly helps expand the lore of the universe.

The minis turned out great, if a tad too big (something I only noticed when put next to my Spiral Corps miniatures). So basically I guess helots are bigger than Tohaa in my head-canon. 


While I don't play Varuna and my Helots go straight to Spiral Corps, I just couldn't resist to use the Panoceanian blue for the armor. So I had to change the skin from blue (as I did with my Libertos) to green. This helped contrast and tell the skin appart from the armor, specially on the back of the helmet. 


The Helots were based on my old water temple bases I originally used for Pan0 before switching to city bases. While this contrasts the lava bases of my Spiral Corps I think it suits them more thematically. Still I might have to tone down the blue on the facing markings as right now seems to be detracting a bit from the base itself.


It's a shame none of them carries a rocket launcher, as the SMG+rocket profile is super useful and there are two very similar poses on the box.




No comments