Recent Posts

infinity

Middara's monster menagerie



This last month has been a bit light on the painting department. Painting Infinity usually is very demanding, as the miniatures are full of detail, so I felt I wanted to do something fast and easy for a change. 

Thus turned to the ton of Middara monster miniatures I still have pending to paint.

Merk hounds were painted in green as the official brown would make them too similar to the Cave Sickles and I wanted them to be more distinct looking on the board.


The possessed were some of the ones that took more time until I decided on the skin tone. In the end it was a stone grey with some violet washes that did the trick.


Earth loa. Again, went for the simple. As I said I wanted this done quickly so didn't bother on adding different colored stones. Just went for the generic brown stone and hoped the source lightning would do the rest.


Gevaudans sticked to the official colors and ended up turning better than I expected them too. Maybe they could use an extra highlight on the blades though.


The fragors were kept also pretty simple. It was difficult for the bright colors to stick to the dark primer and they were the last of the monsters of the batch to be painted so you can see I was getting a bit lazy already.


The ephigy, not much I can say. I hate painting wood. And painting the "dark" wood of the effigy was even worse. Luckily the source lighting kinda saved a very bland model.


The wurm was kinda fun. I didn't want to add too many color to the wurm itself to keep the black skin tone, so even the highlights on his skin are on dark greys.


The pixie thing was mostly done on green tones as the official picture, so It stood out from the wurm. I was tempted to use brighter colors on the flower, but I was afraid that they would take away the focus from the pixie. 


And then there is this thing that was an absolute nightmare to paint. Primer botched on her and paint didn't stick no matter how many layers I put. In the end the result is mediocre at best but enough for a creature that might only go to the tabletop once or twice.


No comments