Recent Posts

infinity

Shadows of Ulgu

 

Lately I've decided to work on some of my backlog miniatures from Games Workshop that I still have lying around from past projects. I still have a ton of BloodBowl miniatures on my to-do list and some Warcry and Underworlds warbands.

I started working on my Black Ork team, but when our games club decided we were playing warcry again I decided to put some effort to finish my Khainite Shadowstalkers warband. They are by no means a great warband (I highly preffer the standard Daughter of Khaine one), but still I play them from time to time so I'd rather have them painted.

Still I wanted to go with something simple without too much detail as this was to be a quick project that I didn't want to pour much time into. 


It was great fun though. Got to try some new recipes for the hair, and the Ulgu ground that I'm probably going to apply retroactively to my previous aelf warbands.


I also wanted to try a new recipe for dark elf skin that turned out to give great results. 



I added some pink on the models to help them fit with the local plants and opted mostly for blue nmm metals for the minions and gold like metal for the leader. That makes her stand out in a warband that uses mostly the same color scheme all around.




No comments