Recent Posts

infinity

Glorious Purpose!


Ok, so I know i'm not updating this at the rate I should. It's not that I'm not painting, it's just I'm having a hard time trying to find the time to take pictures of the models and writing down for the blog. Still, now come holydays and time is aplenty so I'll try to get my lazy ass into it.

I've been painting quite a few Marvel United minis this months. My brushes were kinda messed up to get the precision I need for infinity, so I decided to spend more time with the bigger chibi miniatures. 

The new Marvel series on Disney plus have been a bit hit or miss for me, but Loki is been pretty cool so far. The fact that the miniature draws close resemblance to the MCU's Loki made this very enjoyable to paint. I tried some tricks a friend shared with me about shading NMM gold and I'm pretty surprised with the overall results!  



On the other hand, Baron Zemo... wow, that was such a letdown on Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I was really hoping to see Zemo go full villain and kinda felt the series lacked that powerful villain that the FlagSmashers sadly did not turn out to be. The miniature uses his cheesy comic book suit but still was very enjoyable to paint, specially the mask, wich is a kind of burgundy color that I don't usually get to paint.



Ultron! I was in need of more villains for the game so I went with the sentient bot to keep the NMM going. It turned out pretty well and I can't wait to see how it plays on the tabletop.



Kang the Conqueror. I did absolutely not know anything about this guy before the kickstarter campaign. While I painted the miniature I listened to lots of youtube vids about his story and now I'm pretty pumped about him being in the MCU. I hope it leads to an epic film like Infinity War.



Shuri is one of my wife's favourites and also she's a great support character in Marvel United so I put her high on my list on painting priority. It turned out pretty well, particularly her gauntlets witch I tried to do in a kind of brownish metal 


Black Panther, was not really much of a paint. Just tracing the outlines of the suit and trying to do some highlights. 


Spider-woman... never read anything about her. I just know her from internet discussions but it was interesting to paint. It teached me that Jokaero Orange makes an excellent base for intense yellow.


Scarlet Witch... I guess I was kinda tired when I did this. I might come back and revisit it later as I think it's lacking a bit of contrast. I was worried to use purples on her and "taint" the red colors, but the red highlight tones ended up not being enough to get the contrast to pop up.


Also... I am Groot.


 

No comments