Recent Posts

infinity

Boldly defiant

 

I'm currently playing Infinity Defiance's campaign with my RPG club. It's being a great ride and so far we're having a ton of fun with each mission. Right now we're about halfway through the whole campaign and it's also become a great motivator for me to paint the miniatures as I'm trying to finish each week the minis I will need on the next game.

This particular week I painted Billie (who had some pretty heroic shenanigans during our last game). I painted him in a slightly darker palette than the oficcial one, going black and neon to fit vanilla nomads for  when I use the miniature in Infinity. Jazz on the other hand was done pretty much by official scheme, going for a sinthetic l-host look that looks really cyberpunk.





Captain Uma Sorensen was pretty much official scheme too, just using a blue that felt closer to my own petrol blue panoceanian scheme. I still want to paint her version without helmet. 



Qian Gao is my own character in the game. I'm using the helmet version for him, as I don't really feel like going helmetless into a shasvastii trap. His color scheme follows my terracota Yujing so he's the miniature that looks further apart from the official scheme. I really love the look of this miniature. It's so imposing and menacing! Also it's being a blast to play as him in the game.



Last but not least, Cadin Firststrike, the Wulver veteran. I was not sold on his game performance for the first missions, but as soon as he started leveling up he turned out to be a beast!
I went for muted greens on this as camo always fits Ariadna troops.


I also painted a fair share of shasvastii enemies.This ones are the seed soldiers. I totally felt in love with this sculpts and was looking forward to paint them. Went for an egg color for the upper half and alien blue for the skin, with my usual combined army green jungle scheme for the lower half. They are simple troops but I really like how they turned out! 






This week we also faced Victor Messer for the first time on our campaign, so I also gave him a coat of paint. For him I used black and green colors as per my vanilla Combined. I totally loved the shasvastii alien face on my previous Speculo Killer miniature, so I decided to go for the same feeling here.



Jayths were also painted. Man this troop looks incredible. For this ones I wanted to try the new emerald metallics my local shopkeep reccomended me from AKinteractive. They turned out pretty great so I used them on the Taiga too, it gives a very alien look to the troops that is very fitting for shasvastii.
Also this troops made me want to get the new Sargosh miniature to make a kill squad.





A hunting pack of Taighas!



No comments