Recent Posts

infinity

Warriors of the sultan


The new operation Blackwind box arrived this month and it has been an incentive to paint several Haqqislam models I had in standby. While Hassassins are not my to-go sectorial in Haqq, this motivated me to give my Qapu models some well deserved love. It's an army I play with a certain frequency and many of the models I usually play were still unpainted.

I recently bought a box of Kaplan troopers in a big sale and I sometimes play them in a Haris with Wild Bill. I didn't want to use the classic black and white scheme so I asked the community for ideas. Sadly none of them was very to my liking, as they all looked very gritty. I thought around the idea of their nickname "Tigers of the sultan" so I thought a tiger pattern would be nice. However my Yujing Tiger soldiers already have one of those. 

In the end I settled for a yellow on black scheme that also kinda remembers a big tiger but it's not too in the nose.

Wild Bill is a classic aristeia miniature I painted some time ago, so I maintained the colors I used for his aristeia version on the new infinity miniature. This new miniature is much more dynamic so I'm pretty excited to use it instead of the old one. I added a yellow scarf to have a color connection to the Kaplan as they often play together and added the ceramic plating on the boots to connect his colors to the rest of the haqqislamite army.


I also painted the Djanbazan. Back in the day I used to run a list with 8 Djanbazan (between actual Djabazan and holomasked Hafza), however I stripped the paint of my old ones so I was sitting on 7 unpainted Djanbazan miniatures that were in dire need of paint. 

The Djanbazan color scheme was very iconic on my old Haqqislam, and while it now looks dated, with colors all over the place, I decided to keep it for the nostalgia factor.





I also painted some Hassassin for my upcoming tournament this saturday. It's a 0 SWC tournament and I'm planning to run a Bokhtar and a Nadhir so I had to rush those from the Blackwind box.

I didn't want the Bokhtar to have the green/brown scheme. I wanted something that spelled fear the moment you placed on the table, so I went for a mostly black scheme with some green accents an orange neons. Also, the rock on the base was recycled from my Sirius conversion.



For the Nadhir I decided to go with a camouflage poncho, reminiscent of nomad bandits. The miniature is kind of simple so the camouflage pattern gives him a bit more of a distinctive presence on the board. 



 

No comments