Recent Posts

infinity

Scum of the Outer Rim

Star Wars the Outer Rim has been one of our favourite boardgames at home. We have both the official and fanmde expansions for it printed and play it regularly, so when I recerntly had the chance to 3D print models for the game, this ended up improving our experience.

However I didn't have much time to paint them with the school year end duties so they have been primed for a while waiting their time. Only now on holidays I found time to paint them all. 


So here are the smuggler heroes. Han, Chewie and Lando. Lando's miniature is based on his younger appearance on the Solo movie, when he still was a smuggler and not a profitable businessman.


Next, we have our four trusty Bounty Hunters. I particularly love how Bossk turned out, he's my favourite among all the miniatures. I was just about to paint her skin green like she appears in the Clone Wars series until I noticed that the original Bossk's skin is actually kind of a sand brown.


Enfys Nest and Jyn Erso, also from the recent Solo and Rogue One movies. I really like Enfys Nest design, but I still haven't got a chance to play her. I hope to get to do it soon, now that they are painted.

These two, Hera Syndulla and Ketsu Onyo are from the Rebels series.I haven't watched the show so it was a bit hard to do some of the details like Onyo's shoulderpads as I didn't have any good references for them.

And lastly some of my favourite characters: the pirate Hondo Ohnaka and the archaeologist Doctor Aphra. Aphra is my wife's main character when playing the game so she was glad to at last being able to play her painted. Hondo looks like a ton of fun to play, but being a character focused on attacked other characters I see him being annoying for other players. I'll probably reserve it for when I play against 3 more players.



No comments