Recent Posts

infinity

Let the speed mend it!

Interplanetario is closing in fast, so I'm readying my last miniatures to make sure I bring everything painted for the grand event.

The Zondnautica has been a fun toy I've been using in my lists for a while. I even had a proxy done for her as I was playing her pretty consitently. With the new model out I couldn't resist the temptation to grab me one and have it ready for the tournament.


It turned out to be a pretty crazy project. It's hard to make the plates on the bike and the plates on the remote fit a color scheme in diferent positions, so my original color scheme (closer to my Szally and proxy Zondnautica) had to be discarded in favor of a scheme closer to studio color.

I painted the bike and the remote first. I had to do so simultaneously, identifying which parts were equivalent in each model to have them show the same colors.

Funny thing. There are some parts that do not properly translate on both, like the left leg of the remote should be armored as per the left side chassis of the bike, but that part seems to be gone for the bulky guy. The zondnautica pilot also has some collar protector on the bike that is not present on the dismounted version.


I opted to make the insides of the remote a pale brown color to emphasize the feeling that it's kind of a tough flexible cloth that extends from the insides of the bike when it transforms.


There are no 40mm Necromunda bases so I used some old 3d printed base I used as a test in the past and added some tactical junk from an old KS so I could safely stand and glue the miniature after removing the original debris that looked very out of place. 


The pilot was done later. It was pretty hard to use colors that could match the bike without being too close to overlaping the same color. The base had to be spruced up a bit to allow the pilot to be properly placed after removing the tactical rock from the original mini.



The pilot was later painted on the bike. I wanted to tilt the bike to the left later to give a better sense of speed and give the impression that the pilot was turning but it turned out to be a nightmare to paint that way. Now that is finished I'll probably do it when I find a suitable 55mm tech base that fits my current nomad bases.




Here's a look at the team as they look on the tabletop once dismounted and ready to give you hell.


And one last family pic.


No comments