Recent Posts

infinity

A tale about furries and tentacles.

A year has come and gone and Interplanetario is among us again. For that reason Rodro asked me to spruce up his last Aristeia! acquisitions as he is planning to run some of them on his team comp for the great event. So, with no more delay here are the Masters of Puppets: Gaia and Fiddler.


Gaia is accompanied by 3 Gorgoneios made by Customeeple to support the character. From what I was told this were a pain to assemble but once painted they look pretty nice.



My personal challenge for Gaia was to try if I could make her look younger than Giraldez did on his official paintjob. I think the official one didn't do justice to the card art of her.



Fiddler was a hassle to paint. It's small like a 10mm miniature but being plastic it doesn't have the definition of metal models that size. It is also full of small details so It had to be painted almost completely with small brushes. I particularly like how the wheel turned out though.


Sadly, as much as I tried, the sculpt made it difficult to have her have the big eyes and smiling expression she has on her art. I wish the sculptor went more for the anime style caricature than the realistic monkey approach they took for this sculpt.





The Vulkan turrets she brings are also Customeeple and they were one of the worst things I had to ever paint. Many parts are flimsy and made of thin cardboard so they kept moving while i was trying to paint them. Still they turned out pretty ok for the challenge they posed.


Here's one final shot of the bunch. I really hope they perform well on the hexadome for Rodro so he can come home with another victory.







No comments