Recent Posts

infinity

Bracing for the Fall

So, Daedalus is falling and everyone is screaming and going crazy about the new armies and profiles. I guess there is a lot of nice things for everyone. For me, what I'm most looking forward to is Ramah and Spiral Corps.



Regarding Ramah, I've been always fond of generic Haqqislam, but not quite fond of the Hassassins. I have a sweet spot for their cheap troops, particularly the Muttawiah and specially the Naffatun. Forming a core team of Naffatums with some extra wildcards is one of the things I'm most looking forward to from the new force, but also the new toys they will bring to vanilla haqqs. I hope Haqqislam will be again a viable pick in my meta (right now it's the least played faction by a large margin).


So in advance I've been painting some Haqqs. This week I decided to paint a simple Saladin conversion I made from Aleph's Machaon. I didn't like the older look of the Saladin miniature. I imagine that if Aleph was to make a recreation, she would try to make a copy of his body when he was on it's prime for combat.

Saladin is an O-12 liaison and a recreation, so it made sense that his armor was an Aleph model. Painting him with dark skin and Haqq colors made most of the trick.



On the other side, the Kaauri. Together with the Chaaksa they are probably the main reason I decided to start a Tohaa force. The models were so cool, but I was baffled that the Tohaa players in my meta never used them. So I never really saw strategies around them.

Now Spiral Corps seems like will give an extra board presence to Tohaa uplifted species, so I'm pretty pumped up to see what they bring to the board.


I painted my Kaauri with purple and black colors, and left out the turquoise I used on the main Tohaa force, as it would be too similar to the Kaauri skin. Overall I'm sattisfied with the result and they look pretty menacing together. I'm really hoping they have  chance to shine on the Spiral Corps.






No comments