Recent Posts

infinity

For whom the bell tolls?

My screaming bell is done. To be fair it's been done for several months but I couldn't get myself to take a decent photo of it. So now with the new photo booth I took the time to take some photos to update it on the blog.

This was a particularly important project for me. When I first started collecting skaven back in the 90's I never had the amount of cash to buy myself a screaming bell, so I had a horribly scratchbuilt conversion so I could play it on my lists.

As I stopped playing, I never got the subsequent models, so when I decided to start collecting skaven again, the Screaming Bell was one of my priorities despite everyone telling me it was useless compared to the censer.

As this is a personal project built more of nostalgic love and probably will never use it for play (Infinity has my hands full on that department). I decided to stick with the old and thematic bell.


My only irk with the new model was the grey seer face, that in my opinion did not transmit the rage you would expect from commanding skavens. So I swapped his head for a stormvermin head and retrofitted his horns back in, adjusting the tunic with some greenstuff.


This project helped me get used to paint warpstone again after so many years and also to experiment with aging metal and oxidization. It was a pretty daunting task for me as I don't use airbrush, so everything had to be brushpainted. This took me almost 2 weeks of  painting the separate parts to later join them together. 


Overall I'm pretty sattisfied with the results but now I'm kind of afraid of tackling another enormous project like the abomination or the stormvermin.


1 comment:

  1. You don't see it all that often (I guess the lore suggests that it would be hard to find masses of warpstone that big), but I think interpreting the big stones at the base of the arch as warpstone like you did is the way to go on this model. The green really does a lot to give some color interest to an otherwise very brown and grey model.

    ReplyDelete