Recent Posts

infinity

Like a winter storm


Yujing's new winter themed army, the White Banner is here and I couldn't let pass the chance to get me a sweet sweet korean heavy Naffatun. I put myself to the painting task as soon as they arrived. The DaoFei was dropped from the project though, as I already have a painted DaoFei and I wasn't liking the new one that much. So i'm not sure I will be keeping it.

I decided I wanted to mantain the terracota/green base uniform to make sure they would fit in with the rest of my Yujing troops. So the white areas where reserved for coating and some armor pads.



I had tons of problems deciding on the colors for the helmet of the Hundun. I wanted them to be easily told appart from Guilangs and DaoFei, yet most of my choices ended up hiding too much of the visor lines. In the end I opted for a shiny black helmet with neon green visor lines and I think it was spot on. Helps tell the trooper appart from other camos and gives her a pretty menacing look.



The Zhanshi were pretty basic. Just keeping the color scheme. The challenge for me here was to get the asian skin tones right.


The Jujak was my favourite from the set and I was really looking forward to painting it. I did the ignifugue suit under the armor in some khaqui tones and added some red and blue details to remind of the korean origin of the regiment. I also tried to freehand some flammable danger symbols on the back canister for some extra flair.






No comments