Recent Posts

infinity

Dakini - She who pierces the heavens



2019 is here! I hope you all had a really nice ending to 2018 and are going full burst against the new year's challenges. I myself had to wake up really early on this January 1st to lift my family to the airport, so when I came back I decided I would tackle the new year with some new painted miniatures.

As any Aleph Operations commander knows, Dakini are the bulk of any SSO list. Cheap and efficient. I have owned and played the 5 man dakini team since I started this army: 3 from the starter box and 2 extra freebies I got at the Interplanetario event. However as soon as I saw the renders for the SWC box I decided to leave them unpainted as I was 100% sure I was going to get the SWC box and leave the others for trade.

Anyways, one of my objectives for this holiday season was to paint the SWC Dakinis to complete my fireteam so here's how they look now next to my previous combi rifle Dakini - the one I used for color reference.

Dakini Tacbots

Dakini Tacbots
My CSU was also rebased to my SSO bases, so now the fireteam Is at last complete and correctly armed without proxies.
OSS Dakini fireteam

I also found some time to paint the Rudras Gunbot, AKA Aleph's pet Tachikoma. I fell in love at first sight with this mini and it's 3D renders were the final push that made me start SSO as a faction. As soon as I got my beyond box I went heads on to paint him so I could bring it for some action.

Rudras Gunbot
I still need to find a fitting solution for it's base though as the 55mm solution I fixed for the Marut won't suit him (that base had too many steps for a remote to fit well). I'm serioudly considering basing him in a smaller base and just magnetise a 55mm base under it when I play it.


So this are the first finished miniatures of 2019! I hope this year brings us lots more miniatures to paint and have fun with.


No comments