Recent Posts

infinity

End of season reinforcements



So, it's come that time of the year again where a new Aristeia expansion is launched and I have to rush my pencils to get it ready for my friend Rodro. This time he wanted to stick to official colors for the team. I took a few liberties here and there but mostly they are painted based on the original studio scheme.

Koorie Queen
 I really enjoyed painting Koorie. As the CB staff said, her body shape is very different to the usual "tall supermodel" shape of most miniature girls, and this was a breath of fresh air. I hope we get to see more girls like her in the future. I had to do some research to nail the tribal tatoos but overall it was a pretty cool mini to paint.

Koorie Queen
 Final Boss was the first to be painted, as I had his colors very clear, so it pretty much was smooth sailing. I decided to make his gauntlet look like Thanos' infinity gauntlet because Endgame is coming and after he punches you in the face you might as well fade into oblivion.

Final Boss
Final Boss
Shona was probably the hardest of the bunch. It was hard do nail the ragged looks, specially the jeans color. Also is difficult to get the right skin tones to make it pop up. She is a pretty violent character on the game so I decided to up the blood and gore level a bit and have her sword and pants covered in some gore.

Shona Carano

Shona Carano
 Last one was the elf AI Oberon. This was pretty nice to paint too, with lots of gold and intense green contrasting. I also liked the cape, where I used a bit of stipling to give the sensation of fur on the insides. I decided that a dark reddish brown will help the cape feel more heavy and give her weight so I altered a bit the official colors there but overall I think the results were pretty good.

Oberon

Oberon
And here's the whole team duking it out on the hexadome!



No comments