Recent Posts

infinity

Elites from the deep


Quarantine continues. I did a big batch of haqqislam (I still don't have pics of those sorry) so now it was time to move on to some Pan0. I recently got a Varuna starter for a bargain and despite not being particularly interested in Varuna, I already had my Neoterran shared troops (Fusiliers and Orcs) and my helot fishmen I bought for Spiral Corps. So I said, well, for 20€ I can play a new army. Why not?

Obviously it wasn't just that because I ended buying some extra Zulu Cobra and Echo Bravo, but hey, once you're in, you're in!


So I didn't want my Varuna to look like the oficial scheme, but I also didn't want them to look similar to my Neoterra, so I had to devise a color scheme for them. I decided to go with grey ase their theme color, basing my scheme on the original N1 color scheme for Pan0.

The Kamau were the first I got to test it on. As you can see many miniatures of this week are not based as my LGS is closed and I can't buy the bases I use for my Pan0.



Wen't blue for the neoprene and grey armor with white helmets. As the armor was already grey I decided to paint the weapons in dark marine sea blue to add some more color.






For the Zulu Cobra I wanted to use a very distinct color that would make them pop up on the battlefield. Originally I intended to go with purple poncho, but then I decided the neon pink would be great to add some contrast to the overall blue neoprene.

I think it turned out really nice and I really like the final result.




Next was the Crocman. The idea was to use the same general ideas to go with full black armor plating to identify them as a black ops group. Just added some extra highlights from the neons in the armor to add a little more color. Still I'm not fully satisfied of how this mini turned out. I might come to revisit it later.



For last, the only miniature that managed to get a base. My new TraumaDoc is one of the agents of the Agents of the Human Sphere box of miniatures for the RPG. Since I saw her I was dead set on getting her to replace the old awkward trauma-doc. Or even Bipandra for that matter.


 I have been playing The Witcher 3 lately so her hair is a reference to Triss Marygold and just so happened that matched the color of my neoterran neons. For her I went mostly with white armor plating to identify her as a medic, but still maintaining some of the marine blue I use for pan0 to fit on the army.



No comments