Recent Posts

infinity

Spooky spirits and demons


It's been a hell of a lot of time since I last painted a Chibi miniature. And I can say that probably Sodapop Miniatures is to blame. I got so infuriated and disappointed at their shennanigans during the last years that I pretty much dumped all of their miniatures in the deepest part of my closet never to be seen again. 

When I backed Yokai quest I was hoping the game will fill the void of the trainwreck that was Superdungeon, and while the game turned out to be fair more easy I can gladly say it has been seeing more table time that I was expecting it too.

I was however not very enamored of the idea of mass painting boardgames like I did for Rise of the Kage and with so many Infinity backlog I knew I wasn't gonna paint this if it was not gonna be a fast quick and dirty thing just to get them to tabletop quality.


So hoping for nothing more than to get them painted fast. I decided to buy some red and blue primers to do half of the job for me. Most of Yokai Quest monsters from the base game are blue ghost, while most from the demon expansion were red, so they indeed helped cutting the time.

Do some base colors and throw in some extra washes and they were ready to go. Nothing spectacular. Nothing showy, but good enough to throw it at the heroes on our next games.



There are still many more to go but these mass painting projects really take a toll on your sanity to a degree. I don't think I would be paintig the ninjas or the skeletons in the near future but I'd like to at least get the lanterns done.






No comments