Recent Posts

infinity

The best tech Neoterra can offer.


When I first decided to step out of my Nomad confort zone back in N2, there were not many miniatures from the other factions that appealed to me. I really digged some Panoceania heavy infantries, particularly the Orc and Swiss girls however I was never really into the bringing swords into a gunfight style, so vanilla Pan0 was a no-go for me.  

With the appearance of the Auxilia and their G:Sync mechanics, Neoterra became suddenly something that picked my interest. I always though they were not a top tier army but I really digged their aesthetics and remote superiority game.

Swiss and Orc, back in my N2 color scheme.
Time has come and gone, old auxilia are looking dreadful compared to the new models so I wanted to use bolts to proxy them instead. But now that bolts are playable at last I needed my auxilia to stand appart of my regular bolts to avoid gameplay confusions. So the decision was to give them a distinct color palette.

My Bolts with their pet dropbears.
For the Auxilia I decided to step away from the Neoterra red I was using and borrow from my swiss guard palette, going for a white mask and yellow pauldrons and details.

The new Auxilia, on vatican colors.

This Is how they look with their bots. I wasn't fond of getting me a new Auxilia box just for the auxbots if I was not going to use the actual auxilia so I grabbed a Techbee blister instead to proxy the Crabbot as the third Auxbot of the bunch.


I also painted the Techbee herself. I know many find her offensive, but I really do like pinup style miniatures. It kinda reminds me of war-propaganda posters.


While I was painting her I noticed there was really no clear difference in texture between the pants, socks and thights so the colors could be easily inverted to change the attire. So I went with some shortpants and no kneesocks. This tones down a bit the bizarre original outfit and still keeps the sexy and tomboyish looks of the bee.



Last but not least, my faithful HMG swissguard has been repainted in the new color scheme. She also got the "getting out of camo" effect. She was the miniature that got me into this army so the army could not be complete without her.




1 comment:

  1. Good job on painting! The Tech Bee is especially lovely with the shading on the skin tones. I do find her rather cringy as a sculpt, but the job you've done on the stomach in particular is really lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete