Recent Posts

infinity

Who's the cutest spawn from hell?



Skaven were my introduction to wargaming at the tender age of 12, back in the nineties. Back then I had no way I could pay the prices GW asked for models, but I still have a soft spot for all those burrowing, coward and treacherous bastards. Once I decided to go back to the hobby and got to see the new things in the range, the Hellpit Abomination was fast to catch my eye.

It had nothing to do with the cute quirky rats I remembered from back then. It was a hideous creature no mother could love.


Still, Warhammer Total War came. I spent thousands of hours on that game, just on the skaven campaigns alone. Little by little, the abomination grew on me, so I ended adding her to my collection. It has been sitting on my room assembled and primed for almost a year, next to my Stormfiends, but I could not bring myself to paint it as I have no airbrush and it's a massive model.


So recently I discovered a local hobby store had colored primer sprays from Army Painter, one of them happening to be the skin tone. So decided to give it a try and it really eased the painting of the model.

It's still a massive model to paint with brushes, but it certainly eased the most tedious part that was the basecoating.


In the end I kinda liked the result, The skin tone might be a bit lighter than it should but I guess it's fitting for a creature breed on the underbelly of the earth.




No comments