Recent Posts

infinity

Acolytes of the Flame

Work continues steadily with Warhammer Quest Silver Tower. I've done the brimstone horrors taking in account the new things about fire I learned when painting the blue horrors and finished the Kairic Acolytes as well as the Tenebrael Shard. 


In order to keep me entertained with the Acolytes I tried to mix white and black skin half and half. I had some problems painting black skin in the past with the Nomad Jaguars as the skin ended up looking very bland, so now I wanted to try some new techniques. In the end black wash was the solution to make the recesses more visible and make the shapes pop up more. 

Kairic Acolytes

Kairic Acolytes - Nubian flavor

Kairic Acolytes - Caucasian Flavor

The Tenebrael Shard was a strange thing to paint. I didn't want to go with the classic dark color assassin, and also most of the references I saw online had painted it as an eldar harlequin wich also didn't suit my tastes. So I decided to change the sources and searched for Drow instead.

A drow monk in red combat armor caught my attention due to the contrast between the bright color of the armor and the off blue color of the skin. It looked awesome so I decided to give it a go.


I wrestled with the colors a lot, particularly skin and hair as sometimes they were too bright and stole the attention from the miniature as a whole. In the end had to lower the saturation of the colors used to keep a more balanced palette.


It was a cool project to understand more on color theory. And while I'm not 100% sattisfied with the results I guess it's more due to not particularly being fond of the sculpt, as none of the painted versions I've seen of this guy have managed to catch my interest. There is a limit to what can you save with paint.


No comments