Recent Posts

infinity

Panoceanian stealth operations

This last months I was heavily investing on panoceanian armies and my painting queue reflected it with tons of troopers from WinterFor.

For various reasons I ended up getting a Nisse blister from the prize pool of a tournament. I still had my sniper nisse from Icestorm unpainted but to be fair I didn't play many Nisse aside from the HMG profile. However the HMG Nisse was in fact the miniature I liked the least among the three.

 

So sitting with 3 unbuilt and unpainted Nisse on my desk I started to consider the conversion posibilities. The hacker with his closed coat was my favourite body design so I decided to try to fit the HMG on it. Luckily for me, it resulted in a pretty easy conversion, and while the hacker arms didn't fit well on the HMG body, they fit the sniper pretty well. 


The sniper also turned pretty nice as the converted miniature actually looks where he's pointing his gun at, which is way better for a miniature that often goes into ARO duty.





The Cutter has been sitting on the shelf for a while too, so I took some time to give him love despite not playing much of Varuna lately (I still came back for the Montesa duo!). 


I wanted to go for a TO camo transition as I did on my Swiss Guards back in the day. This time though, the colors for the camo parts would be taken from the base. The idea was that while transitioning from one kind of terrain to the other, the camo had to readjust and would show the original colors of the cutter for a second.


Thus the left side is painted in black as per the asphalt, while the right leg is still detransitioning from the stone gray from the walkway. The rest of the color scheme is standard for my Panoceania: petrol blue with orange accents and pure black used to identify the Cutter as a troop from Varuna.

Overall pretty happy with the result. It looks camouflaged enough to reflect his mimetism skill, while still allowing enough un-camouflaged surface to reflect the army colours.  





I've also been working on a Squalo conversion. I totally loathe the static pose of the Squalo, but with a metal saw and some greenstuff I was able to repose it twist his his fist arm, now ordering troops around with his fist on the air. Pretty cool considering he has a lieutenant profile. I also lowered the gun to a relaxed pose and opened the legs a little to avoid the static pose of the original miniature.







No comments