Recent Posts

infinity

Heroes of the State-Empire

 


To fill in our current winter vacation I decided to work on my WhiteBanner troops. This is the sectorial I'm playing the most lately and I decided to make an effort to bring it fully painted to our next events.

I finally manage to get me a box of Jujak korean troopers. God I love this models, they are probably my favourite heavy infantry design in all of infinity at the moment and many of my lists are based on them. I hope in they future they get their own fireteam options without depending on Shangji troopers.



I also worked on several heroes that act as wildcards for the sectorial, as the linkteams on WhiteBanner are pretty expensive.

Lei Gong was a pretty interesting miniature, I love his profile and have played several times in Invincible army. I'm not too fond of the Aristeia version of the sculpt, but the Defiance LeiGong is great and the wings were a nice touch to put some personality on a miniature that otherwise used the same basic color scheme of the rest of my Yujing.





Adil Mehmut was given white leg armour and coat to integrate him with the rest of the troops. I thought the miniature was looking rather bland so I opted to give him a blue coloured hair to set him apart as a hero among mostly black haired troopers.


He has some seriously menacing stare with that sword in his hand.



Next is JingQo. Also opted for the coloured hair to tell her appart while keeping standard WhiteBanner color Scheme. The faceplate was done as a blue metal surface. I imagine that would reflect the face of her enemies while she's fighting them, which would be cool as hell.



I bought both versions of LiangKai to use as standard Shaolin monks. Being irregular and not a part of the official army branch I opted for a very different color scheme, going for the shaolin orange but combining it with a very saturated blue turquoise. Unlike the subdued colors of the rest of the army this is not an attire meant for combat operations, and it looks more like something fit for ceremonial combat.




Hero groupshot!

I also had my S4 remotes pending for a while so I added them to the painting pool. They don't have snow on their bases as they are based to be deployed with the Invincible army too. 


Ruishi received some freehand details reminding of chinese pottery.


Longya on the other hand has some freehanded kanji that reads "Danger"


BONUS: Oktavia Grimsdottir was also recruited into service when I noticed she would make an awesome ML Zhanshi proxy. As the current Zhanshi weapons box doesn't have the same design as the Kaldstrom Zhanshi, this sculpt with the winter coat fits better with the overall theme of the army.




No comments