Recent Posts

infinity

The Man, the Soldier and the Aristo-cat


I got my Aristeia! last week and, while I bought the collector's edition with metal miniatures I was gladly surprised with the overall quality of the plastics, so I was in doubt of what to do with the metals. If I could achieve good results with the plastic models maybe I could sell my metals and get some of the money back.

However, despite the quality, some of the models like Lunah or Gata really showed some lack of detail around the face that worried me. So I decided to paint them first in order to decide if it was worth keeping the plastics or not.

After starting painting Gata it was pretty obvious that the face and her mask part was going to be the hardest. The definition there was completely gone, and what was supposed to be a cat mask was just a blob of plastic, which was kinda disappointing.


It's a shame, really, because the rest of the model looks pretty good from other angles.




Major Lunah was next, and in the end I could paint her face without much problem as it had enough definition to tell her features appart. I'm still not 100% sure about my black skin toned though. I always kind of feel they do not have enough highlights, but I want to avoid whitewashing the model, so the end result doesn't seem to have the same depth as other skin tones. 



Max was painted like my Pan0 with a petrol blue instead of marine blue. The darker tones make the armor look more like naval military armor instead of a colorful parade suit. However for Maximus I added several orange and white accents, as well as the Aristeia and Mototronica logos on the shield as per his official art.



The bases are the new bases for Necromunda by GW repurposed into a cleaner sci-fi look. This is my testing ground for deciding whether I'm going to rebase my nomads with this bases.


In the end I'm not completely sure of what to do with my metal minis. While Lunah and Max turned out well I'm really disappointed about Gata. I'm not sure if I'd like to give her another go in her metal counterpart. 

For the time being I guess I will just keep painting the rest of the Aristos and decide once I have the full set complete.

No comments